Since the Berlaymont building is closed and holidays approaching, we continue our European election theme in a lighter vein, by offering our readers a quiz:
1) Which head of state would be your guess to think and act in the spirit of the Sun King, Louis XIV: L’Europe c’est Moi?
2) An insular political party which dismisses the obligation of the Article 1 TEU aim of creating an ever closer union among the peoples of Europe appears as an outmoded irrelevance?
3) A pan-European party on an anti-sleaze campaign, but practicing no openness or accountability with regard to its own affairs, political or financial?
4) A political foundation in the United States contends that the Lisbon Treaty, approved by the national parliaments in 26 EU member states, lacks legitimacy?
5) A portal aggregating about 375 Euroblogs?
6) The high official, who after securing behind-closed-doors support for a second term, has recorded a message that “Your vote matters. Please use it” for the European elections 2009?
7) An elder statesman, who in 1946 called for a kind of United States of Europe?
8) A younger activist, imprisoned by the Fascists, who wrote the Ventotene Manifesto (1941) together with Ernesto Rossi?
9) The architect of the European Parliament’s Draft treaty establishing the European Union (1984)?
10) The only member state with more opt-outs from the existing treaties than the United Kingdom?
Answer in the comments section. No prizes are promised.